Friday, September 01, 2006

August is History!


September is here and I am surely glad to flip that August calendar over and reveal a new month. The "No Fabric in August" challenge is over and guess where I'm headed today! Yes, to the quilt shop - Village Mercantile in Boonville, IN. Vince is off today and we're going over there and then to Evansville to eat a fish sandwich at Culver's. We don't have a Culver's here but we're getting one some time after the first of the year.

What am I going to buy? The purpose of the trip is to deliver quilts that were quilted and pick up more to be quilted but I am going to buy some fabric. I need backgrounds! I love small prints (not calico) instead of solids for backgrounds. I might add a few reds since I used so many recently. I need purples but Betty doesn't have a great stock of purple. I'm going to have to talk to her about that! I could use a few blues too. There's no telling what I'll get. With Vince there watching and if the new Bernina foot has arrived, I may not get as much as I'd normally get but . . we'll see.

Judy L.

8 comments:

Cher said...

enjoy your shopping spree...not enough purples? something wrong with that!

Vicky said...

Have fun!! You deserve a little stash enhancement after your successful August no-buy!! :)

(Hugs)

Joyce said...

I'm thinking the August no-buy leads to a September binge. Am I right???

Bonnie said...

Can't wait to hear what you bought. The shop looks like it would be fun to visit.
Your Procrastination story was cute. Pat yourself on the back though for being distracted with good accomplishments instead of just watching TV or doing Sudoku puzzles (like I sometimes do).
My AQS magazine hasn't arrived yet either. I always get mine at least a week after everyone else in my Bee group.

Susan said...

Have a great time in Evansville. I will color you purple...........

Rae said...

Have fun today. Look forward to seeing your new fabrics.

Andrea said...

Okay I don't know this...what is the difference between calico and small prints?

Shelina said...

I like to have interesting background fabric too. I wasn't as good as you, I bought some of it before the end of the month.