As much as I talk, can you imagine how long this post will be . . I have a whole week to cover. Oh, it won't be that long because I can't remember things that happened past yesterday! :)
- Several weeks ago I received an e-mail from a lady named Ginny. She had been reading my blog for 4 or 5 months and she and her husband were thinking about moving to Owensboro. They had passed through here not long ago and wanted to know my opinion. Despite what my friends here would think I would say, I gave her a pretty good report. So, last week, Ginny and her husband were going to be in Owensboro to further check things out. Vince and I met them for dinner and we had a wonderful time! Her husband is also an engineer so they had some guy stuff they could talk about. Ginny and I talked about quilting and other girl stuff and we really had fun. I hope they move here. Can't have enough quilting buddies, right?
- EQ had asked in an e-mail to the EQ mailing group if anyone had any quilts that had all kinds of things .. one was blocks that have strips around them that aren't the sashing. I wrote back and told them about Katlin's quilt and directed them to the old blog where there were pictures. I can't believe I didn't even post a picture of Katlin's quilt finished. Anyway, they wrote me back that they want Katlin's quilt and then they wrote me and asked if they could use Taylor's quilt too! This is all for use with taping new segments of QNN.
- I've quilted for June in Maryland for years and she wrote me that a quilt I did for her won 2nd and another one won 3rd in a different category at the MD State Fair. June has been winning ribbons there for years! Congratulations June!
- I went to the quilt shop in Boonville this past Tuesday to pick up quilts and I didn't buy a single thing . . not a smidgen of fabric, not a spool of thread, not a book . . nothing!
- Vince and I went out to a new restaurant last night. Yes, that's twice in one week we've been out to dinner. Amazing! After dinner . . you guessed it . . he wanted to walk around in a strip mall. I was laughing and I said . . darned, this is a great blogging opportunity. I walked through a nice department store and kept trying to convince myself to buy something . . perfume, pajamas, anything - but I just couldn't do it. They did have some really fuzzy, hairy looking lime green slippers and they were on sale but I didn't get them. The only reason I wanted them was to aggravate Speck. He either loves or hates slippers . . I can't figure it out but he tries to get them off my feet. Try longarm quilting with slippers on with a doxie under the machine trying to get your slippers!