Thursday, August 24, 2006

Things I Missed Telling You

As much as I talk, can you imagine how long this post will be . . I have a whole week to cover. Oh, it won't be that long because I can't remember things that happened past yesterday! :)

  • Several weeks ago I received an e-mail from a lady named Ginny. She had been reading my blog for 4 or 5 months and she and her husband were thinking about moving to Owensboro. They had passed through here not long ago and wanted to know my opinion. Despite what my friends here would think I would say, I gave her a pretty good report. So, last week, Ginny and her husband were going to be in Owensboro to further check things out. Vince and I met them for dinner and we had a wonderful time! Her husband is also an engineer so they had some guy stuff they could talk about. Ginny and I talked about quilting and other girl stuff and we really had fun. I hope they move here. Can't have enough quilting buddies, right?
  • EQ had asked in an e-mail to the EQ mailing group if anyone had any quilts that had all kinds of things .. one was blocks that have strips around them that aren't the sashing. I wrote back and told them about Katlin's quilt and directed them to the old blog where there were pictures. I can't believe I didn't even post a picture of Katlin's quilt finished. Anyway, they wrote me back that they want Katlin's quilt and then they wrote me and asked if they could use Taylor's quilt too! This is all for use with taping new segments of QNN.
  • I've quilted for June in Maryland for years and she wrote me that a quilt I did for her won 2nd and another one won 3rd in a different category at the MD State Fair. June has been winning ribbons there for years! Congratulations June!
  • I went to the quilt shop in Boonville this past Tuesday to pick up quilts and I didn't buy a single thing . . not a smidgen of fabric, not a spool of thread, not a book . . nothing!
  • Vince and I went out to a new restaurant last night. Yes, that's twice in one week we've been out to dinner. Amazing! After dinner . . you guessed it . . he wanted to walk around in a strip mall. I was laughing and I said . . darned, this is a great blogging opportunity. I walked through a nice department store and kept trying to convince myself to buy something . . perfume, pajamas, anything - but I just couldn't do it. They did have some really fuzzy, hairy looking lime green slippers and they were on sale but I didn't get them. The only reason I wanted them was to aggravate Speck. He either loves or hates slippers . . I can't figure it out but he tries to get them off my feet. Try longarm quilting with slippers on with a doxie under the machine trying to get your slippers!
OK . . I'll think of more but that's enough for now.

Judy

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Judy, I WAS GETTING SO WORRIED ABOUT YOU!!! I kept checking every single day. I knew you were having problems, but this is terrible. I am adding to my post today for a link back to the new site. I will also keep the old link up until things are more concrete.

I have not been working on the quilt for an hour project. I decided to finish up some household projects before the cold sets in. THEN I will be doing some quilting. Though, I have been printing off all of your daily directions with the hopes of doing some sewing Labor Day week-end. I have the blocks all cut out, I just need to sew!

I am so happy you are not lost to us. I was beginning to get really sad about it!!! Take care!!!

Chris

May Britt said...

Hope this blog will work now. I have not joined the hour projekt this time. I have to finish some of my UFO's before starting anything new.

Andrea said...

I found ya!

I'm having problems with my email right now but I was wondering how exactly do you square up a quilt? I've never seen a squaring up template that large :)

Carol said...

Glad you are back. I was getting worried about you until I saw on someone's blog that you were have major blog problems. I sure missed your messages.

Eileen said...

Judy,
Welcome back! It's been quiet without you. I've actually pulled the fabric for the hour a day and I'm hoping to get some HSTs cut today.
I don't know how to link or I would do it for you.
It won't accept my password, so my post says Anonymous. Eileen K, NY

Eileen said...

Forget it. Now it accepted it. Go figure.

tami said...

Glad you are back. I knew there had to be something wrong when I checked bloglines every day and it said you had no new post. I was hoping it was nothing serious. I was getting worried. Glad it was only a computer glitch. Next post I will add a link to your new blog. You have been greatly missed.

Vicky said...

It's good to see you back, Judy. I've missed all the goings-on in your daily life. You are one of the busiest people I know!

Chuckling at the mental picture of Speck after your slippers. When I had my shoulder surgery, I bought an inexpensive pair of slippers. The first time I wore them, Daisy got one and tore it to shreds. She's just not a dog that does that (except for paper towels). Wonder what she was thinking!

Keep posting. You inspire me!

((HUGS))